The Nelson National Triptych Salon
Terms and Conditions of Entry
1. Sections and Presentation
The Salon has two sections: Open Triptych Prints and Open Triptych Digitally Projected Images.
You may enter up to 4 triptychs in each section for a maximum entry of 8 triptychs.
Entries must be received by 5.00 pm on Saturday 31 August 2013.
Print entries must comply with the following requirements:
- Must take the form of a triptych as described in â€śWhat is a Triptych?â€ť
- Must be mounted on firm backing ready for exhibition and attached to the mount securely so that the prints cannot become separated.
- Minimum size of mat/mount 25cm x 30cm. (10in x 12in)
- Maximum size of mat/mount 41cm x 51cm. (16in x 20in)
- Maximum overall thickness is 1.25cm and must be able to be stacked without damage to other prints.
- Each print entry must be clearly marked on the reverse top centre with the title (optional), entrantâ€™s name and address and be numbered to correspond with the entry form.
- Prints must be available for sale and the sale price (including GST where applicable) must be specified on the entry form. Prints selected for inclusion in the Salon will be exhibited in a Nelson gallery and a commission of 20% of the sale price will be taken by the gallery on any sales made.
- No framed or glass-mounted prints will be accepted.
Digitally Projected entries must comply with the following requirements:
- Must take the form of a triptych as described in the section â€śWhat is a Triptych?â€ť
- Images will be displayed at a maximum resolution of 1024 pixels horizontal and 768 pixels vertical, against a black background.
- All files must be in JPEG format.
- Images may be entered via our on-line systemÂ Â or submitted on a CD (readable on a standard IBM-compatible PC). If on a CD, neither the CD nor the CD case will be returned. Both the CD and the case should be clearly labelled with the entrant’s name, address and entry numbers to correspond with the entry form.
- All digital images must be named with the file name corresponding to the title on the entry form.
- Entrants must have exclusive rights and permission relating to the subject matter of their entries.
- All components of the three images constituting the triptych must originate as photographs made by the entrant using a camera of some kind.
- Images may be modified by the entrant using editing software. Any modification of the image must be made by the entrant or under their personal direction.
- Electronically-generated patterns (e.g. fractals) are not permitted.
- A triptych may be entered into only one section.
- The Nelson National Triptych Salon reserves the right to decline images that have not been submitted correctly and to disqualify any entry it deems unsuitable to the nature of the Salon.
- Entry fee is NZ$25.00 if entering one section or NZ$35.00 if entering both sections.
- We prefer payment by internet banking to the Salon account No. 03 1354 0254627 001.Â Enter your last name in â€śParticularsâ€ť, your first name in â€śPayee Codeâ€ť and your telephone number in â€śReferenceâ€ť.
- Payment by cheque or cash is permissable and must be sent to:-Â Triptych Treasurer, Nelson National Triptych Salon,Â C/- Wise’s Picture Framing, 78 Buxton Square, Nelson 7010
4. Reproduction and Privacy
- Copyright to entries remains at all times with you (the entrant).
- You (the entrant) hereby grant the right to reproduce entries for publicity or other purposes related to the Nelson National Triptych Salon (including the right to use a low-resolution image of entries on the Salon website and to publish your entries in the Catalogue).
- The Nelson National Triptych Salon will not divulge any of your personal details to anyone without your permission.
- The Nelson National Triptych Salon will use your details ONLY for communication with you regarding the Nelson National Triptych Salon.
- All possible care will be taken to safeguard entries.
- Â No responsibility will be accepted for any damage or loss to entries during transit or exhibition.
- Â It is the entrantâ€™s responsibility to ensure that the packaging is adequate to protect entries and that it is suitable for re-use by the Salon for the return of print entries.
- Â CDs with digital entries will not be returned and will be destroyed.
- Â Prints will be returned to New Zealand addresses only.
- Neither The Nelson National Triptych Salon nor Nelson Camera Club Inc as organiser will be liable for any claims relating from copyright or privacy infringements or disputes.
The Nelson National Triptych Salon is proud to be sponsored by: