Nelson Camera Club Rules
Mission statement: “To encourage education, enjoyment and motivation in the art of photography.”
1. The Club shall be known as “Nelson Camera Club”.
2 Application for Membership shall be made to the Treasurer of the Club. Membership is open to any person interested in Photography.
3 The Annual Membership Fee is set at the Annual General Meeting. All subscription fees are due within three calendar months of the A.G.M. Non-payment shall deem membership to have lapsed.
Financial Year and AGM
4. The financial year shall run from 1st October to 30 September.
5. The Annual General Meeting is to be held in November each year. Ten members shall constitute a quorum.
6. Externally reviewed Financial Accounts shall be prepared at the close of the financial year and presented at the AGM.
7. Special General Meetings shall be called by a majority vote of the Committee, or by 10 ordinary members.
8. The election of Committee Members shall take place at the A.G.M. Nominations for committee are to be proposed and seconded. Only full financial members may vote.
9. Each nominee for Committee shall sign a nomination form which shall include a declaration that none of the disqualification conditions as set out in section 16 of Charities Act 2005 apply to that person.
10. The committee shall comprise the following Elected Officers: President, Secretary, Treasurer and at least five additional committee members.
11. Members of the Committee shall serve on a voluntary basis and only committee- authorised expenses incurred in the course of the Club’s business shall be reimbursed.
12. Committee Meetings shall be held each month except December. Five members shall constitute a quorum.
13. The Committee shall have the power to co-opt additional Committee Members where necessary.
14. The Committee shall have full authority to conduct the business of the Club.
15. A Financial Report shall be presented at every Committee meeting.
16. The Secretary shall keep a record of all meetings and correspondence.
17. All money shall be banked to the credit of Nelson Camera Club. Signatories to payment and withdrawals to be any two of: President, Secretary, Treasurer, or one other nominated committee member. All transactions shall be recorded in a cash-book.
18. Funds and property of the Club shall only be used for the benefit of the Club. No member shall receive pecuniary gain from any of the property or operations of the Club.
19. A Sub-Committee will set the Rules & Criteria for all lnternal Competitions.
20. On the winding up of the Club, assets shall be distributed, after payment of all outstanding liabilities, among community groups of a similar cause, in such a manner as shall be decided by resolution passed at a Special General Meeting convened for that purpose and passed by a 2/3 majority of members present.
Copyright 2016 Nelson Camera Club. All rights reserved.